Serves 6 to 8
- 1 pound asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blender Hollandaise Sauce (recipe follows)
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
2. Spread the asparagus on a jelly roll pan. Pour 1 tablespoon water and the olive over the top.
3. Bake for 10 minutes, turning the asparagus once. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with Hollandaise Sauce.
Blender Hollandaise Sauce
Makes 1¼ cups
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
4 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon Tabasco
1. Melt the butter on low heat in a small saucepan until very hot, but do not let it brown.
2. Combine the egg yolks, heavy cream, lemon juice, salt, and Tabasco in a blender. Turn blender on low speed and blend.
3. With blender on low speed, remove the cover and pour in hot butter in a steady stream.
4. Use immediately, refrigerate, or freeze. To freeze, transfer the sauce into a freezer container, leaving ½-inch space. Let cool, cover, and freeze. To reheat, heat the sauce in the top of a double boiler.